What can my team BRING to the Solomons Island Dragon Boat Races
- Ask only one or two persons to be responsible for bringing
in the majority of your team’s supplies. This helps to move traffic through the area.
- Car pool when possible, this is also a great help to cut
down on morning traffic.
- Your Team Buddy – ask a volunteer or ask one of your paddler
alternates to watch your race schedule, and keep an eye on your stuff while you’re on the water.
- Tent - 10’ X 10' ONLY. And tent
decorations. Be creative, you WILL be judged!!!
- Chairs or blankets to sit on, towel, sun glasses, hat,
sunscreen, a fundraising activity or raffle item.
- Snacks and non- alcoholic beverages, coolers, ice, trash
bags. (If you bring it in - please take it out)
- Drinking water to stay hydrated, you'll be working hard out
on the water!
- $$ to buy a Festival T-shirt or Festival Poster. Get a great
gift for yourself or someone else at the Vendor’s Village and yummy snacks and lunch at the Food Trucks!
- Safe shoes for dragon boating – sandals are okay, we
recommend they have a strap across your heel.
- Yes to a big, happy smile – there will be lots of folks
taking your picture as you paddle in this unique race!
- IMPORTANT: Lifejackets (PFDs) MUST be worn anytime you are
on the water. No exceptions. These will be provided by our dragon boating company.
We encourage you to bring a fundraising activity or
item to sell/raffle.
Remember all proceeds support SMCR’s programs for
people with developmental differences!
- You don’t need to bring your own paddle or PFD. Our
dragon boat company, 22 Dragons, will provide them as well as a steer-person.
- Tents or canopies can NOT be bigger than
- No trailers, vehicles, etc. in the Team Village
after your supplies are unloaded Saturday morning. A limited number of vehicles may be allowed back in the area for loading supplies
after the event.
- Anything with alcohol in it – sorry, our permits don’t allow
any alcohol in public areas. Local restaurants are happy to quench your thirst after the event!
- No drones. We checked! NAS PAX prohibits the use of drones
in the race area.
- No grills, open flames, candles, canned Sterno,
- No generators.
- No pets – it’s a long, hot day, please leave them at
- Flip-flops or bare feet on the boats is not
Other helpful notes:
- Let’s make a great effort to ‘Be Green’ by bringing
refillable bottles, etc.
- There is no electric service for
you to recharge your devices – plan ahead or relax and have an old-fashioned phone-free day!
- This one’s so important so we’re repeating it: Lifejackets
(PFDs) MUST be worn anytime you are on the water. No exceptions.